Central Gauteng Provincial Figure Skating Championship – 10 April 202210 Mar 2022
Dear Skating Family,
The CGFSA is pleased to invite you to a festive competition.
THE CITY OF GOLD ICE CUP
is open to all skaters from all provinces.
WHEN – 26 June 2022
TIME- 17:00 -19:00
WHERE – Northgate Ice Rink
Closing Date for Entries – 16 June 2022 by 20:00
Northgate Ice Rink / Johannesburg
Solo Skaters – R 120.00
Ice Dance Couples/Pairs/Duos – R 180
Groups (1-5 participants) – R 260
Groups (5-10 participants) – R 420
Groups/Synchro (over 10 participants) – R 580
ENTRY FEE MUST BE PAID BY CLOSING DATE & TIME –
16 June 2022 – by 20:00.
Please pay your fees to:
Central Gauteng Figure Skating Association
ABSA Bank, Boksburg,
REF: Ice Cup & Skater’s Name & Surname
Please send POP to: email@example.com
NO REFUNDS will be granted after
20:00 on 16 June 2022.
Tickets will be sold at the door.
Adults – R 50.00
Kids under 10– R 30.00
Kids under 3 – no charge
No specific sections will be allocated for his competition.
- The duration of the programme : 2:00 max, can be less.
- The program should express a carefree concept or storyline designed to uplift and entertain the audience through related skating movements, gestures and physical actions.
- The program should consist of a variety of skating moves selected for their value in enhancing the skater’s interpretation of the music. Skaters will be judged on their ability to interpret the music and develop a theme.
- Jumps and Spins are OPTIONAL
- Costumes should be selected to enhance the performance by appropriately reflecting the character of the music and theme.
- Props and scenery are permitted.
- Vocal music is permitted
LATE ENTRIES AND CORRECTIONS
Please note that late entries will not be accepted after closing date:
16 June, 2022 by 20:00.
REFUNDS AND WITHDRAWALS
NOTE: Due to costs incurred in running the competition, please be advised that NO REFUNDS will be granted after 20:00 on 16 June, 2022, this includes if you have medical reasons or not.
Skaters may use their regular music or a Christmas themed song.
MUSIC must be submitted IN MP3 FORMAT ONLY and sent to Dino at firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date – 16 June, 2022 by 20:00.
Music must be marked as following:
Skater’s Name & Surname – Section – Province
Incorrectly marked piece of music and music in wrong format won’t be accepted and a fine of R120.00 per item will be levied
Competitors will receive a medal and certificate.
Due to the limited ice time, please do not throw any TOSSIES on the ice,
give them in person to your friends.
The Photographer availability to be confirmed.
While participating in any competition, carnival, exhibition or program as a figure skater, the skater:
- shall not possess, use or supply to others any alcohol, narcotics or prescribed drugs while at, within or near the site of such competition, carnival, exhibition or program or any residence or other accommodations provided in connection therewith or while being transported to or from such locations;
- shall not conduct himself or herself in an unreasonable or unacceptable manner (which for clarity shall mean and include unsportsmanlike conduct, breaking training or curfew, will fully damaging property or committing any act which is considered an offence under any duly promulgated law); and
- shall not be in breach of any rules of conduct promulgated by SAFSA.
Schedules and Skating Order
Will be available soon.
Thank you to everybody who participated and equally to everybody who supported our wonderful skaters. You are all amazing.